This page describes the translation of scientific skill to public value, specifically in water resource management and related impacts on human communities. We are building a Dynamic Information Framework (DIF) that is implemented on a region-by-region basis to provide both data and machinery in a transparent manner that contributes to the process of resource management and planning.
- No concerns at this time.
This figure shows a simplified version of the DIF vision with one modeling component, the VIC hydrological model. The overall program for DIF can be summarized on a per-geographical-region basis:
- Begin with A hydrological model that incorporates observed data; train it to produce accurate results.
- Run the model into the future based on climate-change based extrapolation.
- Provide the source data through an open web interface
- Provide the results / output data through an open web interface
- Provide the software via an open repository like GitHub
- Provide documentation