An overview of the AWS public cloud
This document is an overview of the AWS public cloud platform; both with respect to research at the University of Washington and with respect to Internet2 and DLT.
Setting up a research credit account
Setting up a paid AWS account
Assuming you are at the University of Washington or are an affiliate:
- Set up a Blanket Purchase Order through your local financial office
- Send email to help at uw dot edu with subject AWS Account requesting help setting up the account
Interesting technologies at AWS
Business Associates Agreement summary
- Regardless of whether you work through the BAA: You do not pay indirect costs on AWS account charges.
Through the BAA:
- You have a 15% data egress waiver
- You have access to more than twelve HIPAA-aligned (data security) technologies on AWS
- You will have a small (typically 3-6%) discount on your AWS costs