This page describes an Azure cloud immersion day held January 19, 2017 at the UW eScience Insitute Data Science Studio.
Microsoft offers a free hands-on cloud computing training course in partnership with the eScience Institute at the University of Washington. Whether it’s big data, big compute (HPC), machine learning with GPUs, or analyzing data streaming from devices for an IoT project: You will see how easy it is using Microsoft Azure to help you streamline and accelerate your data-driven science.
- January 19 2017, UW WRF Data Science Studio
Windows OS not required: Azure is accessed via browser, command line and/or API calls.
Course is for faculty, researchers and students. Language/framework/platform span includes Linux, Python, R, MATLAB, Java, Hadoop/Spark, STORM and Microsoft technologies including C#, F#, .NET, Azure SQL and other Azure services.
- 08:30 - 09:00 Coffee and Check-in
- 09:00 - 09:15 Welcome and Logistics
- 09:15 - 09:45 Introduction to Microsoft Azure
- 09:45 - 10:30 Azure Storage and Azure Cross Platform tools
- 10:30 - 10:45 Morning Break
- 10:45 - 12:00 Azure Machine Learning
- 12:00 - 12:15 Jupyter-as-a-Service
- 12:15 - 13:00 Lunch and Group Discussion
- 13:00 - 14:15 Azure Container Service hands-on
- 14:15 - 14:30 Afternoon Break
- 14:30 - 15:45 High Performance Computing in Azure
- 15:45 - 17:00 Discussion
- 17:00 Event Closes
UW thank the Microsoft team for their efforts in holding this event and we look forward to holding related events in the future. Contact us for more information.